Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week 7 - Production Stills

Speed...Mark...Action

This post will be a bit of a departure from my previous posts about portraiture. I recently worked on my friend Don's short film (he and I have a little film outfit going). In addition to the other odd jobs I did on set, I took my Nikon F3 along and shot many rolls of production stills.

Most people these days shoot production stills in digital and in color, but of course I'm me so I did it in film and black and white. But it worked out, because the movie has a vaguely-defined 50s or 60s vibe to it and is itself going to be in black and white, so Don was actually excited that I'd be doing the stills traditionally.

There isn't much to say about these, other than I found it a nice change of pace to do on-the-fly "documentary" style photography. I tried to catch any interesting moment I could, and being a producer on the film meant that people didn't generally question my shoving a camera in their faces.

Don asked me to avoid spoiling too much of the film with the photos I post. I had to leave out some of the shots I'm really proud of, but not all of them.

Without further delay, production stills from the newest Jollyville Pictures short, tentatively titled "The Horrible Life of Dr. Ghoul," directed by Don Swaynos and starring Chris Doubek, Jason Newman, Kerri Lendo, Byron Brown, and Jessie Tilton.

Click the images for larger versions.

Nathan Smith and Jack Lewandowski

Nathan Smith

Ted Griffis, Jack Lewandowski, Nathan Smith

Kerri Lendo, being made-up by Lauren Gonzalez

Chris Doubek

Kerri Lendo and Chris Doubek perform a scene

Kerri Lendo and Don Swaynos

Byron Brown, Jessie Tilton, and Chris Doubek
 Thanks for stopping by, and stay tuned to JollyvillePictures.com for updates on Dr. Ghoul!



No comments:

Post a Comment